Marine Site Investigation Geologist
Marine Geologist - Site Investigations
We are looking for a Marine Site Investigation Geologist / Earth Scientist to join our growing team based at our site in Cornwall.
We are looking for energetic, positive, pro-active and ambitious people who will be able to work within a small team and will be willing to be fundamental in the growth and development of every aspect of the activities we undertake
You should be prepared to travel extensively both within the UK and abroad and you will need to be flexible in accommodating the fluidity of projects and the diverse challenges you will encounter. Work may be 12hr or 24 hr schedules.
Although experience of this kind of work would be an advantage it is not essential and we are happy to train the right candidate.
This diverse role will demand the very best from you and promises an interesting and exciting career for the right person. The role is ‘hands-on’ and demands a high level of personal commitment, responsibility and accountability.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Working offshore as part of a team to operate geotechnical equipment, acquire data, perform in-situ tests, collect soil and/or rock samples
An understanding of and an ability to maintain and repair all geotechnical equipment whilst operational offshore and in the workshop
Be familiar with UK site investigation techniques, shallow marine geology and sedimentary environments, and be able to log soils and rock to British Standards and Eurocodes
Prepare reports at least to a factual status
· You will have a Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or Applied Earth Sciences and a wider interest in the marine environment
· You will be flexible, a self-starter, be accurate & conscientious, responsible and accountable
· You will have an aptitude to work within multi-cultural teams in various locations around the world and be happy to travel alone at times
· You will have an ability to effectively communicate in English fluently, both verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels
· Working offshore is physically demanding and you will have a willingness to stay away from home for periods of time including weekends and Bank Holidays to participate in offshore campaigns, often at short notice
· You will need to have the right to work in the UK without visa sponsorship and hold a full, clean UK driving licence